Sirius F30 Manual
The Sirius F30 is a card reader that is specifically designed to be used with Fore! security management software. The Sirius F30 card reader can read MIFARE Classic and DESFire EV1 access cards that use a Fore! encoding and the UID (or CSN) of Mifare and DESFire cards without a Fore! encoding.
Choose a location for the card reader that meets the following constraints:
- The distance between the card reader and the Polyx NF+ door controller is less then 120 meter.
- There is at least 20cm space between two card readers.
- The card reader is not mounted directly on a metal surface.
- Use the back plate to determine appropriate mounting position and mark the holes on the surface.
- Drill two holes (wood 3mm, stone 6mm with plug).
- Pull the cable through the mounting plate.
- Mount the back plate using two screws with head >= 6mm.
- Connect cable to the 7-pin screw connector.
- Remove the thin orange film from the buzzer.
- Attach the top of the reader to the back plate and push the bottom towards the back plate
- Close the reader using the enclosed 3mm screw.
You can use a standard CAT5 UTP or CAT6 UTP network cable with RJ45 T-568B connectors to connect the card reader to the Polyx NF+.
- Plug the RJ45 connector of one end of the cable in port Reader 1 or Reader 2 of the Polyx NF+.
- Cut off the RJ45 from the other end of the network cable.
- Remove the isolation and untwist the wires.
- Combine the orange and green wires and connect them to pin 1 (A).
- Combine the white/orange and white/green wires and connect them to pin 2 (B).
- Connect the brown wire to pin 6 (GND).
- Connect the blue wire to pin 7 (VCC+).
The white/brown and white/blue wires are not used.
|Sirius F30||RJ45 T568B color||RJ45 T568B pin|
|7 VCC (+)||Blue||4|
|6 GND (-)||Brown||8|
|| White/Orange and
| 1 |
|| Orange and
| 2 |
|Interface||RS485 (Polyx NF+)|
|Supported cards||Mifare 1K, Mifare 4K, Mifare DESFire 0.6, Mifare DESFire EV1 8k, ISO14443A compatible|
|Power consumption||5-16 VDC, 0,7W average, 1,4W peak|
|LED consumption||12VDC, max. 1,8W|
|Dimensions||142mm x 45mm x 22mm (HxWxD)|
|Reading distance||5mm-70mm ISO14443A Mifare card|
|Operating temperature||-31º to 150º F (-35º to 65º C)|
|Storage temperature||-67º to 185º F (-55º to 85º C)|
|Operating humidity||5% to 95% relative humidity non-condensing|
|Transmit frequency||13.56 MHz|
|Indicators||2x RGB LED and 1 buzzer|
|Connection||7-pin screw connector|